LiveFit Week 1
I fully intended to give you more than a once-a-week update. Alas, such is life and here’s the week one update! In a nutshell, I am thoroughly impressed with the program.
As with most, if not all, fat-loss programs, it’s a change from the ordinary. Because you have to make change to see change. It’s an adjustment, but it’s certainly a welcome adjustment.
1) I knew this going in, but it’s a lot of prep work. I’m starting to get the hang of it now, but the first few days of figuring out what to pack, how to pack, and what needs to be done the day before were a little tricky. I bought myself a huge lunch bag and new plastic containers the other day so having the right tools is very helpful.
2) Options when eating out are a bit tricky. Jeff and I grabbed lunch on Saturday afternoon while running errands in Baltimore. I ordered a broiled crab cake and a side sweet potato! Not 100% perfectly on plan, but pretty close. What did I get? I got a fried crab cake and sweet potato fries. Waaaamp waaaamp. I didn’t complain. I ate the meal and moved on. It was delicious and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I wasn’t going to send it back and make them redo it. Life’s too short. And I made sure to have a delicious dinner of marinated chicken breast and roasted broccoli that evening!
1) I ate more vegetables last week than I must have in the entire month of November, so that has to be good for something! I do love my roasted vegetables. I ate as much fresh veggies as I could but frozen ones are great as well to keep on hand. I figured out that you can take plain greek yogurt, add whatever spices to it and you’ve got a great crudités dip!
2) My energy level. Not once last week at work did I hit that 3pm slump. That is by far one of my favorite parts of this plan. Eating clean every 2.5-3 hours really helps sustain your energy levels. No big yawns at 3pm and just pining for the work day to be over so I can go home and sit down. (Because I wasn’t already sitting down? Gaaahhhh…)
3) My mood. Over the last few weeks/months, I had been struggling with my moods. I just didn’t feel like myself, which was a combination of a lot of things. This new plan has helped me stabilize my energy which has really stabilized my mood! Also, feeling less blaaaahhh has helped me shake out of my burnout that I blogged about the other day. I wasn’t feeling like a fitness role model when I was (still am) probably 15-20 lbs overweight. It made me feel like a fraud inside and that’s no way to approach a fitness class. Knowing that I’m taking this by the reins has made me feel more like my fit self again.
4) I’ve lost 3 lbs. Yay! I started at 149 on Monday morning and weighed in this morning at 146. Last Thursday, I weighed in at 144, but the weekend was tough (see above: sweet potato fries). I also absolutely feel different. I feel less squishy and I feel stronger. That may be all in my head, but I’m diggin’ it.
During the week, when I am at work all day, I have a lot more structure and find it easier to follow the plan. I also think I didn’t drink enough water over the weekend. And I had about 4 (of 18 meals) over the weekend that weren’t entirely on plan. Dinner last night was tomato soup, roasted plantains and a grapefruit. Delicious, yes! But low on protein and high on carbohydrates for that time of day.
Anyway, I’m off to start another busy week!
If you have 9 minutes, will you watch this? I happen to love it.
Have a healthy day!