Wheeeee! It’s Friday! I’m hoping you had a delightful week indeed!
My highlights for this week, in no particular order:
1) Having an RPM class this morning with only 4 bikes left (23 out of 27) at SIX O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING. ON A FRIDAY. DURING THE SUMMER! You see, in the world of Group Fitness, Summer is the historically less busy season, 6am is historically the less busy time slot, and Friday is historically the slow day of the week. Woo hoo!
2) Starting a new Weight Watchers meeting which has an awesome leader! Ok, technically, I started the meeting last week, but am just now talking about it. I had to switch because my old leader left, and the new leader wasn’t for me, so I picked a new meeting at a different location that fit in my schedule. This new gal is awesome, and I want to talk more about the way she inspires the group at a later date.
3) Discovering a new 5k/15k in DC which happens to fall on my birthday weekend in December which ends with hot chocolate at the finish and has a really awesome race jacket for signing up.
See? Even the picture says AWESOME GOODIE BAG! I think you should all help me celebrate my 31st birthday by running 3 or 9 miles in December for a mug of hot chocolate that you could easily have made at home in the comfort of your warm house.
4) Getting a cheeseburger at Shake Shack at the Nationals Stadium. It’s a new food vendor this year and if you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend! So delicious and totally worth those extra WW points+.
(Photo by JosephLeonardo)
5) And one more highlight for this week, the big winner of the THIRTY BOOKS GIVEAWAY! [I can't stop typing in caps!]
Congratulations to Rachel!
i’m an art lover, so i’m constantly looking at books of my favorite artists work, i highly recommend anything by alphonse mucha! his stuff is gorgeous! otherwise i’m currently working on reading “H.P. Lovecraft: the fiction”
Rachel, email me at chaseproj (at) gmail.com and I’ll get all the necessary info from you to send you your books! Thank you everybody for your summer reading suggestions! Overwhelming praise for the Hunger Games series! They’re definitely top on my list now! PS, Any of you on Goodreads?
What was the highlight of your week? Make it a good one!